Before reading anything I have to say about any topic, please start here. Please read the articles posted, and choose at least one of the organizations listed below (or another of your choice) to contribute to. I’ve also included links to curated collections of additional resources for further learning.
Letter from a Birmingham Jail
White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack
Dear White People, This is What We Want You to Do
Of Course There Are Protests. The State Is Failing Black People.
The New Jim Crow
Please choose at least one of the organizations below, and donate any amount that is meaningful to you.
- Minnesota Freedom Fund: https://minnesotafreedomfund.org/
- Brooklyn Community Bail Fund: https://brooklynbailfund.org/
- Reclaim the Block: https://www.reclaimtheblock.org/
- Mass Defense Program (part of the National Lawyers’ Guild): https://www.nlg.org/massdefenseprogram/
- Black Lives Matter: https://blacklivesmatter.com/
- The Innocence Project: https://www.innocenceproject.org/
- The ACLU: https://aclu.org
Antiracist Allyship Starter Pack
A 28-day reading plan for white and non-black POC (people of color) aspiring allies
Scaffolded Anti-Racist Resources